If you’d like to research Social Security, SSI, or your case claim yourself, these links will help you. They include vast amounts of information about all the aspects of the Social Security Administration, the nation’s safety net.
- SSA This is the link to the Social Security Administration with all its many departments and services.
- SSA: online services This includes ways to apply for benefits online.
- SSA Forms Useful forms for all Social Security claims.
- Social Security Handbook This handbook details all services and benefits available through the Social Security Administration.
- Social Security Rulings The Code of Federal Regulations is the regulatory underpinning for the way Social Security works.
- SSR/AR Finding Lists AR, or Acquiescence Rulings, are the place to research changes Social Security has agreed to, often after an adverse Federal court case.
- Legislative Information Central source for legislative background information including actuarial projections.
- Social Security Materials – Cornell Legal Information Institute General research information.
- Social Security: my statement Click here to get your personal statement of what your benefits will be, retirement or disability, as well as your family maximum benefit.